Wednesday, June 21, 2006

the white d-wade

it's been a while since i last wrote, and much has happened (all good...or for the most part at least). i'll write about some of those things later. but more importantly, a thought hit me when i was at the gym tonight.

i was getting some run on the court (that's "playing basketball" for the laymen), when i realized that i'm the white version of dwayne wade of the nba champion miami heat. really, there are only a few differences between the man they call "flash" and me: he's black, i'm white. he's tall, i'm short. he can dunk, dribble, pass, shoot, run, block shots, defend, buy cars, houses and fancy toys. i can't.

so there you have it. if you're ever out in the 'hood and happen by a pickup game of hoops, you'll know it's me the ballers are talkin' about when they mention the "white d-wade" or "white flash." now, where's my ring?

1 comment:

CJ said...

You are a shame to the world's great white ballers like myself.

MJ > CJ
(See the connection?)

Most people compare my 3-ball to Larry Legend and Reggie. They liken my crossover to Tim Hardaway and A.I.. But my most pure attribute to Mr. Naismith's game -- my hops. I could jump circles around Bill Laimbeer or Will Perdue *any* day.

Word to yo' mutha.

Great White Hope...out.