Monday, November 06, 2006

Health Update --- This I DO Want

an update from the desk of my doctor:

amazingly, and to the complete shock (seriously) of both the radiologist and my doctor, the CT scan came back negative...which means, for the time being, i'm okay. i should clarify and say that they're 99.9% sure that there is no existence of ischemic, nor ulcerative colitis, nor crohn's disease, which is prevalent in my family. my kidneys also appear clean at the moment.

however, neither the radiologist nor my doctor could provide an alternative explanation for the pain, swelling and mild nausea i continue to experienc, which still leaves the slightest possibilities for other maladies. i've been given a week to make some minor dietary changes to attempt to relieve some of the inflammation. after that time, if no improvement is made, i'll have to undergo more testing. i'm confident that it won't be necessary and am beyond a word synonymous with "relieved" that it doesn't appear my condition is chronic.

so, apologies to anyone on the receiving end of my overreaction. perhaps next time i should pick a doctor that doesn't follow the phrase "i'm not really certain what it could be" with 3 very serious chronic illnesses, and i'll try not to send myself into hysterics.

1 comment:

Ghetto Photo Girl said...

2 years ago, I had a doctor tell me she didn't know what was wrong with me but that she was certain it wasn't cancer. Guess what I heard? "You have cancer." Then I spent 3 weeks grieving the potential loss of my gorgeously long eyelashes.

Vanity. It's Al Pacino's favorite sin.

Also, I'm really glad you're okay!