Tuesday, June 05, 2007

The Cold Shoulder

summer is rapidly approaching and my A/C is in need of a re-charge (seems like there's always something wrong with this damn thing). friendly landlord lady called her "girl" to have her call me and set up a service time. it's been a frustrating ordeal, so let's peek in after the douchebag serviceman no call/no showed on me....twice!

fll: did you get everything taken care of?

me: no. idiot no called/no showed on me twice.

fll: oh my god! are you kidding?

me: nope, but i took care of it. it'll happen, and we may even get it discounted

***flashback to monday morning*** (how do you do dream sequence waves?)

general manager: good morning, this is amy. how can i help you?

me: hi. i was supposed to have an A/C service call on wednesday, but your guy didn't show up. he called me on thursday to tell me he was too busy and forgot to call and say he'd not be coming.

GM: are you serious?

me: do i sound like i'm joking? not only did he pull this on wednesday, when i rearranged my meeting schedule to accomodate him, but he did it on saturday as well, when i rearranged my social schedule. obviously, i'm incredibly unhappy with this. not so much because it's hot and i need the a/c, but moreso because it's just a lack of courtesy and really, really bad customer service.

GM: do you remember who was supposed to come out?

me: yep. tim. both times. does tim know how to use a phone?

GM: i'm beginning to wonder. well, i'm very sorry about this and we'll get out there as soon as possible.

me: what does that mean? because if it doesn't mean today or tomorrow, then evidently, you don't want the work. i'm sure it'll be easy to find someone who does.

GM: we can squeeze you in between 3 and 5 on tuesday.

me: squeeze me in? are you serious? and between 3 and 5? are you the cable company or something? i get off work at 4pm. i'll expect him there between 4:30 and 5.

GM: okay. that's fair. and i'll personally call you when he leaves here.

me: great. click.

****flash forward to today, the day of the appointment****

rush home from work, still without a phone call. phone rings at 4:50pm. it's good ole tim, telling me he's leaving now...from arvada (for those of you not familiar with 5280 geography, arvada is a 25 minute drive....without rush hour traffic).

at present time, 6:15pm on tuesday, still no tim. it's gonna be a hot summer.

4 comments:

AC said...

Hang in there bro. This happens to me almost every time I schedule a cable guy. So I made the switch to Dish. I took 2 vacation days and sat in my apartment for a whole Saturday waiting for the cable guy in Taylor. I know I know...it serves me right for living in Talyor-tucky.

So, did he show up?

Jeen Yes said...

dude finally showed up....2 hours late. then proceeds to tell me that i need a part rather than just a re-charge. so, we're considering a new A/C altogether.

btw, i wish i'd known you were getting dish. could've hooked you up PHAT.

Ghetto Photo Girl said...

What was his excuse? Or is he just a lazy Mexican like me?

Jeen Yes said...

he got stuck in traffic. at rush hour? really? no way! and he was dark skinned too. :)