Sunday, January 14, 2007

I have a date!

GASP! this would be shocking news to many if "date" were referent to me spending time with a special female. but, that's not the type of date i'm talking about. by wednesday afternoon, i will officially be registered with GMAC and will have a date with the 4 hour whore known as GMAT.

for months i've been haphazardly "studying" and preparing for this mini mind marathon, with only "april or may" as my target date. may 4, 2007 is my day of reckoning. such definition both excites and scares me. i'm excited that by 1pm on said date, i'll have an idea of which, if any, MBA programs i'll have a fighting shot of getting into. i'm scared shitless because i took my first full length practice exam today and didn't do as well as i'd hoped (though i'm still not sure how to calculate my raw score. those damn guide books teach you everything except how to calculate how you did. weird.).

i now have a defined timeframe within which to work, meaning i have to plan out a schedule for the next 3.5 months to maximize my study time. for anyone that really knows me, planning isn't my strong suit. this could get interesting. nevertheless, once i figure out how to score my sample exams, i'll be able to start narrowing my "to apply" list down, since it seems to accrue more names daily (and because i can't blow my life's savings on applications!). i'd be doing myself a great disservice if i didn't cover all my bases, so feel free to recommend reputable schools as you wish, or provide any first-hand feedback on any of these programs you may have. also, keep in mind that the schools listed here range from "i can probably get in pretty easily" to "it may take a miracle and the stars to perfectly align for me to have an outside shot of getting in." man, i can't wait to be called "student" again.

Apply to:

university of denver--daniels
university of colorado--leeds
indiana university--kelley
university of washington (seattle)--UW business school
university of pittsburgh--katz
university of south carolina--darla moore
university of michigan--ross**
columbia university--columbia business school**
georgetown university--mcdonough**

**indicates "dream schools," where an unattainable GMAT score may be required for admission.

4 comments:

Jeen Yes said...

currently, the only master's program washtenaw has is in trailer repair. not the specialty i really want to pursue.

now, if they were to add a master's of spitoon making, then i'd be interested.

Ghetto Photo Girl said...

You forgot Wharton, where I went, and Harvard. Clearly, you're not aiming high enough.

Jeen Yes said...

i'd never make it in boston. i'm many things, but a masshole i'm not. besides, i'd probably want to kill myself after 1000th time i said "wicked pissed," "wicked hahd slap shawt," and other bostonian nonsense. and the only thing harvard has going for it is that ari gold went there.

wharton would be great...if i wanted to become a professional blogger or photoblogger. but i don't, so no. thanks for playing. next!

Jeen Yes said...

ah, these are my readers. :)