Monday, March 05, 2007

Vigilante

it's funny how hypervigilant and overly sensitive you become once you've experienced a life-altering trauma. people who've been critically injured in car accidents are certainly more aware than most of us where the trucks, other cars, and potential dangers lie. gun shot victims are equally likely to know exact blocks of streets and parts of neighborhoods to avoid.

heart attack survivors are no different. so, as this discomfort in my chest has continued, i called my doctor this morning. i noticed this feeling a few days ago, but armed with the memory of how the first go around felt, i decided this probably wasn't much to worry about. hell, i climbed a mountain and went to the gym yesterday and actually felt better while doing both than i have while being completely sedentary.

the discomfort has persisted for about 5 days now. i called the nurse, she asked some questions and agreed after my answers that this probably wasn't anything to be alarmed about. nevertheless, the old saying "better safe than sorry" is applicable. i'll be heading to the dr. office tomorrow morning, anticipating paying an ungodly amount of money only find out i have a deep muscular strain or some sort of infection. oh well, better those than a faulty ticker.

the last few days, my attention has been completely divided between whatever it is i'm supposed to be doing and whatever sensation i'm feeling in my chest at the moment. had the discomfort intensified, i'd know (based on previous experience, thus certifying me as an expert) that'd i'd surely be in trouble. but it hasn't. it's almost like indigestion in my chest and it's more annoying than it is painful. regardless, it's high time i found out what's going on. at the very least, for my own sanity. it's quite unnerving being at the gym wondering with half a brain if my next rep may be my last. obviously i'm a bit more positive than that right now. but hey, a dead me doesn't do anyone any good. updates to follow.

3 comments:

CJ said...

Ha...just picked up my phone to call and see how this was going. For some reason I checked your blog at the same time. Good. Now I don't have to call you.

Ghetto Photo Girl said...

Would a dead you blog more often?

Jeen Yes said...

gpg: only if they have free wireless in heaven. i'm not paying for it....anywhere.