Sunday, April 29, 2007

Remember that dream where you're falling?

yeah, well, mine came true. after 2 full years of riding consistently and often, i had my first crash on saturday. my friends all told me it would happen someday. i just didn't think it'd be my first ride of the season. just for the record, it fucking sucked. a lot. could have been worse, since i wasn't going that fast (approx. 15 mph), but i lost some skin and sprain a wrist. good thing i had a dorky helmet on...since i slammed my head on the pavement. that was fun. falling sucks. not recommended. don't do it.

4 comments:

Ghetto Photo Girl said...

How's the bike?

Jeen Yes said...

the bike is in pristine condition. it's a beast. it can handle anything. the frame pump, however, snapped in 3 pieces and i left a significant amount of skin on the path. not to mention the pounding my hand took breaking my fall. still can't figure out how the dude behind me didn't run me over.

Ghetto Photo Girl said...

Quick reflexes?

Jeen Yes said...

i hope my reflexes are that quick when i have one foot in the grave. dude was olddddddddd! ha! feeling sooo much better today. i think i'll shoot for 75 miles this weekend. that'll be nice.