Monday, May 21, 2007

Might as Well be Walking on the Sun

how i came to realize that i'm an idiot:

saturday morning, 8:10am

j: nice shot dude! you're nuttin' that club today.

me: yeah, not bad. fuck, it's hot already? it's not even 9am yet.

j2: it's gonna get hotter. good thing we have carts and good thing i'm mexican....i'm used to this shit.

j: you should try going to vietnam in the summer. talk about fucking hot.

me: why the hell would i go there in the summer? that's just gluttony. and you both suck for not being white. buy me a drink.

(after 5 holes...)

me: look at my fucking hat. it's drenched already and it's hotter than a slave ship out here!

j: must suck to be white sometimes.

me: yeah, good thing i brought.....oh FUCK!

j2: you forgot your sunscreen didn't you?

me: yeah.

j2: how long have you lived out here?

me: almost 3 years.

j2: almost 3 years and you still manage to forget sunscreen? idiot. you're gonna fry.

me: probably.

j: that sucks for you, dude. lemme see. (sees my red neck) holy shit, man, you're gonna be in pain for a while.

me: that bad?

j: no, i always say "holy shit" when something isn't that bad. i'd recommend not showering the rest of the weekend. you're like fire-engine red and a shower is gonna hurt like a mofo!

me: sweet. this happens every summer out here. it's like my memory is reset over the winter and i always manage to get torched at the beginning of the summer.

j +j2: stupid white boy idiot mother fucker. (smack me simultaneously on the back of the neck.

me: (sigh).

3 comments:

Jeen Yes said...

i got some pretty good color this weekend. something in the colorado sun actually allows me to tan a bit. it's kinda nice!

Ghetto Photo Girl said...

Except for the whole having cancer part. What the hell is wrong with you? I'm Hispanic and I still slather on sunscreen EVERY SINGLE DAY.

I refuse to wrinkle. Ever.

Cowboy said...

I'm going for the 'Dylan McKay forehead' look... it helps me seem sincere. Sunscreen be damned.